The Rosemount Center

Washington, DC

Built by the Episcopal Church in 1911 as a home for unwed mothers known as The House of Mercy, the Rosemount Center has since evolved into a bilingual daycare center and preschool facility serving Washington, DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood. Blackburn Architects provided feasibility and options analysis, regulatory approvals, design development, construction documents and construction administration for the award-winning project. The contemporary design expanded the usable space of the school creating additional light-filled classrooms, indoor and outdoor play areas, a library, and an inviting entry lobby.